When purchasing Ceiling Tiles there is a lot of options on the market. It isn't always clear what the best options are for you and your project. Many products on the market are made of cheap materials that will deteriorate over time leading to costly maintenance and ultimately replacement.
The most common tile on the market is Acoustical Tiles. They are fiber board tiles with small pours (holes) covering them for noise reduction. They are made out of fiber and over time will accumulate moisture causing the tiles to sag, rot, and mold. Over a short period of time you will notice that the acoustical quality and noise reduction have reduced as the pours will fill with dirt and dust. Since there is no way to clean a fiber ceiling tile without damaging it the only option is to replace your tiles. This can become very costly as tiles need to be replaced.
What is the difference is between our tiles and acoustical tiles?
Our products are made with 100% Polyvinyl Chloride (a type of Plastic). The advantages of a solid plastic tile is they are water resistant and will never rot, sag or mold due to moisture. Cleaning them is as easy as wiping the tile down with soap and water. They are engineered to last a life time and will never have to be replaced.
The Genesis Ceiling Tile benefits:
- Water Resistant, Washable, and will never Sag due to humidity.
- Mold, Bacteria and Mildew Resistant.
- Impact Damage Resistant.
- Safety approved for food manufacturing or processing (food grade quality).
- Fire Rated: Class A Flame & Smoke; UL94 & Flame Retardant.
- USDA, FDA, Health Dept & CFIA Approved.
- UV Resistant & Recyclable.
- Compatible with any ceiling grid system designed for 2’ x 2’ (24" x 24") or 2’ x 4’ (24" x 48") tiles and panels.